Jay, I don't know how accurately the camera can resolve and I am not a Trotec user. But I would be very surprised if it would be accurate enough to enable you to continue a raster design without the "stitch line" showing. If you were rastering at say 300 dpi, (.0033" per line) then as a guess you would really need to locate the second image better than 25% of this for it not to show a seam. That would be better than .001" (.025mm) positional accuracy. That would assume that you are sliding the workpiece along a precision rule and the edge of the workpiece has a precision straight edge (so raster lines remain perpendicular.) (If it did not, the tiniest angular error would create a triangular disconnect between the two images.) So I am a bit skeptical if you want to use it for precise rastering of large items. Vector seaming might be a bit more forgiving, but I think you would have to build in an intentional overlap.

Practically speaking I think the step-and-replot method works well for text graphics (no border) where you can be several thousandths out between blocks of text and no one would notice. Or perhaps vector cutting where the glitch where it re-connects is not a concern for the part. But I would not have really high accuracy expectations for a camera/manual setup.