Thread: Adjustable Shelving Brackets for Cabinets?

Adjustable Shelving Brackets for Cabinets?

I'm re-modeling a small closet, and would like to use a heavy-duty adjustable shelving system. Something like the RubberMaid Fast-Track or Knape & Vogt 82 series. I'll be building all the shelves, etc myself.

Now here's the question, I'd like to add some cabinet boxes towards the bottom with drawer slides. However, I can't seem to find any support brackets meant for hanging cabinet boxes, only shelves. Are there any suppliers of such beasts anywhere?

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

Why not just set the cabinets on the floor and run the shelf brackets up from there? I don't get the advantage of hanging the cabinets on wall brackets.
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Blog Entries
    Why can't you put two of those clips on the back of a box and hang it wherever you want it?
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Why not use the shelving brackets as they come and screw them to the side of your cabinet and if the protrude longer than you cabinet just cut them off to the correct length?

I re-modeled another closet with some big-box bought drawer boxes. I like how they look sitting above the floor. The flexibility of being able to easily re-arrange things in the future is also appealing.

Clips in the original post are from a supplier in the UK. Can't seem to find these or anything else like it in the US.

Use the usual shelf brackets -- the ones you can get easily here -- and rest the cabinet boxes on them.