Thread: Truth in CL advertising

Truth in CL advertising

I've been looking for a drill press - prefer a Clausing - and ran across this add for a "Frejoth" on Seattle CL, which said:

"Loads of runout!! If you don't care where your hole is or what size it is, this is your drill press! "

Made me smile!

Lol, very honest, no misunderstanding the meanng. Might be just the thing for someone!
    "A good miter set up is like yoga pants: it makes everyone's butts look good." Prashun Patel

I once posted a canoe as a total garbage, unfit for any purpose, for $5. I was shocked to get 30 people wanting it; some offering me $25 if I would give it to them.
    Last edited by Chris Padilla; 02-16-2015 at 5:13 PM.

One man's trash is another man's treasure I guess

Craigslist never ceases to amaze me.

It's refreshing to see this end of the spectrum. Too often, I go to look at something described as "like new" to find it in a condition past its useful life.

I like the "New in the Box," with picture of item out of the box, which means it isn't new in the box. Rather not have photo than a "stock" photo.'

I laughed out loud.. I believe you call that an "orbital" drill press!

"Oscillating wall reamer"

At least it's better than the guy around here that was trying unload a Grizzly Sander for 325. Claimed it cost him 1300. The griz web site price was 395. He posted an ad every week for months. I just hope he never found a sucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    I once posted a canoe as a total garbage, unfit for any purpose, for $5. I was shocked to get 30 people wanting it; some offering me $25 if I would give it to them.
    Thats because the scrap value was worth way more than $5