Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Festool on Ebay

Festool on Ebay

I thought I was bad with Lie Nielsen on Ebay, but can you believe that the current bid on a pair of Festool Safety Glasses is $200.00?

Steve

Yes. I can believe it.

HL Mencken: "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

another green item I can't afford, darn!
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

Well, I didn't believe it, but checked and it is there!
    Just two bidders. The glasses are discontinued; perhaps... well, I don't know what. It is inexplicable.

I could see 1 bidder and he hit on key too many but there are 2 different bidders.
    This is worse then a Retirement Light.

Those are precision engineered glasses. I wonder if they sell a systainer to put them in?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Wolfe View Post
    Those are precision engineered glasses. I wonder if they sell a systainer to put them in?
    And a proprietary connection to a dust hose?
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

I wonder if he will get paid?

I heard the Glasstainer as it will be called is $295 plus $95 for the optional Kaizen foam.
    Andy Kertesz

" Impaled on nails of ice, raked by emerald fire"...... King Crimson '71

I watched a Time Machine sell for over $600 on eBay. You can't surprise me with the ignorance of people. Everyone knows a time machine shouldn't cost more than $495.
    -Lud

Are you telling me I am stupid because I paid $501.23 for the same machine.

. You can't surprise me with the ignorance of people. Everyone knows a time machine shouldn't cost more than $495.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Chris Padilla; 12-23-2014 at 6:49 AM.

I'd like to know what they're spiking that Kool Aid with! That's just stupidly insane!

If you regret that you paid as much as you did for a time machine, could you go back in time and reduce your bid? Then, you would probably not win the time machine. If that happened, what would become of your time-traveling self and the time machine? Would you just vanish, leaving your past self upset that he didn't win the time machine? Or maybe the time machine itself would just vanish because it would no longer be yours, leaving you stranded to hang out with your past self? Although it would be handy to have an extra hand around the shop at times, I don't think I'd want myself messing with all my stuff and trying to sleep with my girlfriend! I think it's best if I don't bid on any time machines!

For sale 'Festool' time machine 5,0000.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Ludwig View Post
    I watched a Time Machine sell for over $600 on eBay. You can't surprise me with the ignorance of people. Everyone knows a time machine shouldn't cost more than $495.
    The real question is how do you know how much the time machine sold for unless you followed it because your in the market for one? If that's the case I know a guy, who knows a guy, that can get you a hell of a deal on one right now but we have to act quickly, there's not a lot of time to get the deal done.

They are safety glasses. How special can they be...discontinued or not. I am fed up with bidding on ebay. People bid stuff up to within 95% or better of what they could have bought it for on a "buy it now" and saved all the time and aggravation. Ridiculous. We are addicted to the idea that we are going to get a deal. Sure we are!!!