Hi everyone. I have been away from the site for a while but i recently upgraded my Jet dust collector and added the vortex cone to it. The results were good enough to get me to reset my password and log in and post about it. I bought my DC-1100 about 8 or 9 years ago and i have the one with the canister. I pretty frequently have to stop and rotate the arm to clean out the filter due to loss of suction and every couple of months i take off the canister and give it a really good cleaning. To be fair i use a drum sander quite a bit so i'm not complaining about having to clean it (cost of doing business). When the vortex cone collectors came out and a retrofit was not offered there was no way i was going to spend the money on a new dust collector just for that. I also wasn't really interested in making my own cone or doing some kind of home made retrofit.

Anyway i was patient and a few months ago i noticed that jet now sells the parts!! The part numbers are the same for the DC-1100 and the DC-1200. The cone part number is DC1100-47 ($30.78) and the support bracket is DC1100-47-1 ($6.90). The parts fit perfectly. I spent some time making sure the hole on the support bracket was dead center because i knew that was the key to the install. You have to drill the four holes to mount the support bracket but that is the only real modification. Take your time with that step and get the cone centered. I got the hardware from the local hardware store because it is really expensive through jet (like $32.45 total !!). But since i'm taking the time to post here is the hardware:

TS-1490021 - Hex Cap Screw - M8x16 - 1 required ($2.95).
TS-1550061 - Flat Washer - M8 - 1 required ($2.95).
TS-1540061 - Hex Nut - M8 - 1 required ($2.95).
TS-1482021 - Hex Head Bolt - M6x12 - 4 required ($2.95).
TS-2311061 - Hex Nut - M6 - 4 required ($2.95).

Anyway here is the reason i'm taking the time to post this....... HANDS DOWN THE BEST $40 I HAVE EVER SPENT!! This upgrade is absolutely amazing. I have filled/changed my collection bag 6 times and i didn't clean the filter once on purpose to see what it would look like. I cleaned it off today and there was practically nothing in the filter. Only the really really fine dust is making its way up there and even then there wasn't much of that. I just can't say enough good things about this upgrade. The cone isn't just hype its amazing. After 6 full bag change outs i haven't lost an ounce of suction due to the filter clogging.

Anyway hope this helps all those out there thinking about this upgrade. Cheers!