Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Don't do this if you don't need to run a moulder head on your SawStop

HI Larry

thanks think Joe had a Morso and found some tear out on the back side. I have one but its only the mitre one so it cuts a V only. NO tear out, I didnt even put fresh knives just left what is in it in but you have to cut the V before the slot for the panel or it can break out there. Its a bit archeic I know however have my reasons for now.

this was the moore head i had saved and bailed after I enquired with a company that made me a moulding head in the past up here. THeir point was good forget it on my cabinet saws now a 1" arbor becomes sensible. If they still make them they had a right and left tilt model and can see its three knives and corrugated. THe Magic moulder was two knives and pre made carbide, two diff options

1 Moore Corrugated Table Saw.jpg
    Last edited by Warren Lake; 10-12-2017 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    HI Larry

thanks think Joe had a Morso and found some tear out on the back side. I have one but its only the mitre one so it cuts a V only. NO tear out, I didnt even put fresh knives just left what is in it in but you have to cut the V before the slot for the panel or it can break out there. Its a bit archeic I know however have my reasons for now.

this was the moore head i had saved and bailed after I enquired with a company that made me a moulding head in the past up here. THeir point was good forget it on my cabinet saws now a 1" arbor becomes sensible. If they still make them they had a right and left tilt model and can see its three knives and corrugated. THe Magic moulder was two knives and pre made carbide, two diff options

1 Moore Corrugated Table Saw.jpg
    Thats a thought. I have an old slider Minimax TS with a 1 or 1 1/4" arbor depending on whether it is set to run a dado or a blade. The speed would be too slow it seems like though. I do have some 10" tenoning heads that I could run on the saw to check it out, would just have nickers on one side though, not sure how that would work.

I had Nordic tool make me a bit for the SSC. works good. No sense reinventing the wheel for something I do not do that often.

larry dont you think that is getting a bit large? not like you have a shaper spindle there just a shorter arbor? maybe fine but first thought that came to mind

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    larry dont you think that is getting a bit large? not like you have a shaper spindle there just a shorter arbor? maybe fine but first thought that came to mind
    It is aluminum Warren, so would not scare me. Weighs less than the 10" dado stack I run on the saw. I don't really need to , just curious.

Stuck on site for a while now, miss playing in the shop.

okay makes sense out of curiousity what brand are the tennon heads Scmidt? two knife or four knife? have you run them to make tennons on your shaper with corrugated and what size tennon and do they work well. thanks