Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oneway Lathe questions

Oneway Lathe questions

I have been given the opportunity to purchase a used Oneway 2436 lathe with additional tools and chucks. The seller is selling for a family member and doesn't know the age of the lathe. Anything to consider when looking at it as far as common problems? What would be a fair price for this unit given it is running with no problems? I know the information is kinda vague, but give me a general idea on pricing. Thanks in advance.

00Y0Y_AVo418V5tS_600x450.jpg00H0H_3DSESDc7vzc_600x450.jpg00X0X_ctTqza9ImGW_600x450.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rough guess somewhere over 12 grand new. I've never seen the outboard tail stock support before.
    Member Illiana Woodturners

What are they asking? Oneways are rock solid and this one has all the bells and whistles so like Bob said new in the 12 grand range. Anything in the 60% of new for a Oneway is a good deal IMHO.
    Always drink upstream of the herd.

Any thing below $4,000--the lathe has a stamped logo pad just below the head stock which give the information of production SS#. I own and help purchase use one way lathes--with the large outboard set up and the tools I can see, 4000. is about right.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Royce Wallace View Post
    Any thing below $4,000--the lathe has a stamped logo pad just below the head stock which give the information of production SS#. I own and help purchase use one way lathes--with the large outboard set up and the tools I can see, 4000. is about right.
    Ouch... I would be pretty offended if someone offered me only $4k for all of that...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

I counted almost 40 tool handles and then there are the chucks, faceplates, tool rests, etc that are probably worth close to $1k or so at discounted price. Looks like the "full meal deal" if you can do it.

7. Super lathe and nice accessories as well. I would offer $5k and see if they bit!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

I found it on Craig's List and this guy has a sit down OneWay also. Looks like more chucks also plus other stationary tools. That's quite a package, but most would never use all the potential available.

2436 lists new at around 6K. Outboard attachment lists at around 1200. add in the chucks and tools and you are probably looking at $10K new.

Here's a reference.....
    aawforum.org/vbforum/showthread.php?t=10448
    Last edited by John Keeton; 10-05-2013 at 5:20 AM. Reason: To remove link to forum per TOS

Thanks for the help guys. Unfortunately I couldn't get enough help to get it out of the guys basement today and he sold it to someone else. Could have gotten it for $3500.00 with all the tools and chucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Horswill View Post
    Thanks for the help guys. Unfortunately I couldn't get enough help to get it out of the guys basement today and he sold it to someone else. Could have gotten it for $3500.00 with all the tools and chucks.
    At the price you swing by Home Depot and pick up some casual laborers.
    Last edited by John Keeton; 10-06-2013 at 5:22 AM.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Horswill View Post
    Bummer, that would have been a steal
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

someone got a deal, i did not think i was in the market for a lathe, but $3500 and i think i can sell the jet

Wow. What a steal.