Thread: New from Incra. CleanSweep router table dust collection system.

Palm Bay Florida, Warner Robins Georgia, and Nigeria, Africa

New from Incra. CleanSweep router table dust collection system.

Man... I really DO love USA made Incra stuff!

They have introduced a ready-made lower dust collection system for router tables that is inexpensive and really functional. Designed to work with most post-2006 router lift systems, and accessories include custom magna-lock rings and Porter-Cable Guide Bushing Rings specifically designed to enhance DC. Under $100 for the box alone. Ordered mine today, even though I won't see it until I'm back in my Workshop in September. Sigh......

http://incra.com/product_rta_cleansweep.html

rta_cleansweep_main.jpgrta_cs-mlrguide_main.jpgrta_cs-mlringset_main.jpg
    Choosing Windows 7/8 over Apple OSX and IOS is sort of like choosing Harbor Freight tools over Festool!

“They come from the desert, but it is we who have our heads in the sand.”
    Ben Weingarten

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Trinkle View Post
    Man... I really DO love USA made Incra stuff!

They have introduced a ready-made lower dust collection system for router tables that is inexpensive and really functional. Designed to work with most post-2006 router lift systems, and accessories include custom magna-lock rings and Porter-Cable Guide Bushing Rings specifically designed to enhance DC. Under $100 for the box alone. Ordered mine today, even though I won't see it until I'm back in my Workshop in September. Sigh......
    Yup, they sure do make nice stuff!!

I took a look at the video. Looks like a great product. I might just spring for a set of the CleanSweep magnalock rings for my Incra Mast-r-Lift. Don't need the dust box; already have a custom router cabinet.
    My only criticism is that the access door slides down. Wouldn't allow you to build a drawer or cabinet below the dust box. Would like to see the door swing open or come off completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Heffernan View Post
    I took a look at the video. Looks like a great product. I might just spring for a set of the CleanSweep magnalock rings for my Incra Mast-r-Lift. Don't need the dust box; already have a custom router cabinet.
    My only criticism is that the access door slides down. Wouldn't allow you to build a drawer or cabinet below the dust box. Would like to see the door swing open or come off completely.
    It could have been attached with a couple rare earth magnets. After all, suction will hold in place when the DC is running.

Woodpeckers used to make a couple of models of this also, but I don't think they offer them anymore. The door does swing open, and stays latched with a magnet. The door is made so that it does not seal completely, allowing for additional airflow for cooling and dust extraction. The factor color was blue-I painted mine to more closely match the cabinet.
    RT01.jpgRT02.jpgRT03.jpgRT04.jpgRT05.jpg

I have that very one, Greg.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Yes, I know, old thread. But, you know how sometimes you upgrade a tool and it works so well you just feel like telling somebody?

Just installed the Incra Clean Sweep on my Woodpecker table, and it works great, better than I imagined it would. Routing a dado, I make about as big a mess as when I butter my toast in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Decker View Post
    Yes, I know, old thread. But, you know how sometimes you upgrade a tool and it works so well you just feel like telling somebody?

Just installed the Incra Clean Sweep on my Woodpecker table, and it works great, better than I imagined it would. Routing a dado, I make about as big a mess as when I butter my toast in the morning.
    Oh yea, its an amazing system. With suction at the fence and through the CleanSweep magnetic inserts in the Incra lift I never have a speck of dust after making a cut. I use the Rockler router box though, not the Incra, but its the same concept.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

I considered the Rockler version, but decided to go with the Incra because it was polycarbonate as opposed to sheet metal, better noise absorption I think.

Also, customer service figured into the purchase: I sent Rockler an email asking if my meager 1 hp dust collector would work well with their Dust Bucket collector box. Their guy responded two days later, saying that they didn't offer such a product! I sent him another email with a link to the product, and he said, "Well, I guess you just need something with a 4" connector."

I sent the same question to Incra, and received a response within a couple hours. He, Mark, said he was using a 1 hp dust collector on one in his own shop, and that it worked fine. Maybe a little weak to do both the fence and underneath at the same time, but one at a time, no problem. He was exactly right.

About the only thing I can criticize on the Incra is that you can't see the slider switch for the speed control on the PC7518, have to set it by feel. Not a deal breaker, for me.

Can't a woodworker make that in 30 minutes out of scrap? I know I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    Sure. Maybe. Some prefer to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    Might have taken me more than 30 minutes to make mine, but I'm slow. Put a door with a magnetic latch on mine.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Woodpeckers was metal and had a magnetic latch too. Not sure current one, mines several years old. Zero issue with noise. I have big loud tools though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    Woodpeckers was metal and had a magnetic latch too. Not sure current one, mines several years old. Zero issue with noise. I have big loud tools though.
    Rocklers is metal with a magnetic door "latch" too.