Thread: Maple Urns

Maple Urns

These two Maple urns were commissioned by a lady who wanted to divide dad up among the kids.
    They are both finished with BLO and laquer and the lid finials are walnut with PCV fitting threads.
    They are 8" tall including the finial lid (6" X 3 3/4" vessel).
    I tried out my new set of Trent Bosch hollowing tools on these urns and they worked very well.
    I had thought I might be moving toward pet urns but did not expect a human urn.

Just a cranky guy in Elk Mound trying to have fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Half way between the north pole and the equator!
    Half way between Steve Schlumpf and John Keeton!

Those look really nice Jeff. Like them both but the wood on the first is really pretty. I just did my first one for my wife's brother.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Jeff, both are very nice, but what a difference a little spalting makes! That one kind of stands out - in a good way.

luv that spalted one!
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

They are both nice but I also like the spalted one best. Good job on the form, too!
    Doug Swanson

Where are John Keeton and Steve Schlumpf anyway?

Very nice Jeff with great form. Customer should be pleased.

Great job Jeff. As a fellow club member when I die can they just drop me off and you can do the rest? Spalting sure does add doesn't it. Keep up the good work.

Nice work on both urns Jeff! The spalted is pretty but so is the curly! I am sure your customer will be pleased!!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Well the lady would not except the spalted maple urn.Her husband was a simple man and a woodworker and she just couldn't have him in such a busy urn.So she wants one simpler and smaller and a much simpler finial.Ugg,I hate special orders.I think if he were here he'd say he wants the spalted urn.
    Half way between the north pole and the equator!
    Half way between Steve Schlumpf and John Keeton!