Thread: South West Natural Edge HF...

South West Natural Edge HF...

..or Flying Monkey? A nice piece of cherry that I couldn't bring myself to turn all the bark off. 13"d x 8.5"h, walls a little over 3/8", five coats of Antique Oil, buffed and Renaissance waxed.

SW.NE-1 L.jpgSW.NE-2 L.jpgSW.NE-3 L.jpgSW.NE-4 L.jpg

Bam!! Sweet Ted!!! The size is impressive and the form really shows off some cool wood! It looks like a complicated shape and at that size...bet you worked in tiny bits! Really good work!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Ted, you are doing some interesting forms! Very good job of carrying the vessel walls through the cowl. Neat piece, and some beautiful wood.

Great form and wood. Not an easy do.
    C&C WELCOME

It looks like you have the curve line running true form outside to inside the "skirt" or flying edge. Holding the bark on that piece had to really add to the difficulty of both turning and finishing. Great job.

A unique form to say the least. Makes me think of a ne bowl that melted into a hf. You sure did one heck of a job with it. Your tool works is outstanding. Love the finish on this beautiful piece of wood.

Ted, that's kind of a two for one! A bowl with a HF inside. Very nice work and finish.

I like that Ted! I can't put my finger on what I like about it but it just looks interesting. That sure is some nice rich color in the cherry too.

This one may take me a while to figure out! Don't know if it really works or not, but I have found myself doing similar things at times. I couldn't quite bring myself to turn something away that was pretty, but not sure it really went with the form I was thinking about.

you got the line of the bowl thru the wing, just perfectly...interesting turning
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Ted very interesting turning and some beautiful cherry.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Thanks for the comments folks. This is an unsettling, double-take kind of piece that I won't be duplicating anytime soon. Just had to get it out of my system