Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Compact battery for 3M AirStream or BreatheEasy respirators

20170823_034346.jpg20170823_034422.jpg This is what I've ended up with and it works great. The battery pack and switch are held on with velcro for easy removal. I used the helmet for 4 hours several days ago after giving it a full charge. It sat unused for a couple of days and then I used it for 6 hours straight. All on the initial charge. The weight of the battery pack is so little I don't notice it on the helmet. Charge time was 12 hours the first time and I have not yet been able to run it all the way down. I am very happy with this set up. Much better than spending around $300 for a big heavy battery pack that I have to carry in my pants pocket.
    Brad McCollum
    Mac Woodworks

Quote Originally Posted by Brad McCollum View Post
    20170823_034346.jpg20170823_034422.jpg This is what I've ended up with and it works great. The battery pack and switch are held on with velcro for easy removal. I used the helmet for 4 hours several days ago after giving it a full charge. It sat unused for a couple of days and then I used it for 6 hours straight. All on the initial charge. The weight of the battery pack is so little I don't notice it on the helmet. Charge time was 12 hours the first time and I have not yet been able to run it all the way down. I am very happy with this set up. Much better than spending around $300 for a big heavy battery pack that I have to carry in my pants pocket.

can you post a model number I can't view pics looks like they want money to view pics.
    -=Jason=-

Jason:

I've been using a lith-ion pack for some years now. If you search on Amazon, for example, for "cell phone battery backup", you will get lots of hits on these packs. They are of various Mah power, so you can choose physical size and ratings. The important thing to look for is the amp rating of the output port. It needs to be at least 2A. Many of them are rated at 1.2. The motor draw on start up is more than they can take and the internal circuitry will trip.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON