Thread: Cleaning wood residue after lasering.

Cleaning wood residue after lasering.

I have kind of become a bird geek and replaced a lot of household cleaners with natural ones that will not harm out birds. One of them is vinegar and water, a 20% solution to water.

Just for fun I sprayed a little on some fresh lasered ply and the smoke residue came right up.

Thought I would throw that out there and hopefully help someone out with a really cheap way of cleaning.......
    Epilog Helix 45
    Corel Draw X7
    Stepcraft 840 CNC
    Fully outfitted woodshop
    I'm a PC...........

Cool, thanks for that! I'm all for traditional DIY cleansers. Vinegar works pretty good for cleaning glass, too.
    Epilog 35 W 12x24
    Adobe Illustrator
    Dell PC

Good one, Anthony! I'll be using this from now on!

Thanks, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

I used that as an all purpose cleaner years ago. Never thought about using it now that I have a laser and do a decent amout of wood products. Thanks for the reminder Anthony.

Robert
    Epilog Mini 24-45W, Corel Draw X6, Photoshop CS5, Multi Cam CNC

That's a clean way to do it Tony, I would also imagine lemon juice could help remove some of the stubborn stains.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

May add some lemon juice.

Another benefit of apple cider vinegar and the smoke is it smells like BBQ !
    Epilog Helix 45
    Corel Draw X7
    Stepcraft 840 CNC
    Fully outfitted woodshop
    I'm a PC...........

Anthony

Thanks, that sounds easier than my Pinesol and water.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thanks Anthony - this is a great tip. Just one (newbie) question - under what circumstances would you choose to clean with a solution vs. using laser tape? Thanks in advance..
    ULS 4.60 50 watt laser / rotary attachment / vector cutting table
    Mac Mini / VMware Fusion / CorelDraw X5 / Inkscape / DoubleCAD XT v3

Wiping down the piece seems easier than laser tape. I usually only use that if using a color fill. I used to use isopropyl alcohol which is expensive compared to vinegar and after playing with it I think it does a better job.
    Epilog Helix 45
    Corel Draw X7
    Stepcraft 840 CNC
    Fully outfitted woodshop
    I'm a PC...........

How about this concoction for windows and othes

1/4 cup vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon liquid soap or detergent, and 2 cups of water in a spray bottle.Add a tablespoon of baking soda for a little srubbing power and acid stabilizer.
    Legend 24EX, Amaya (Big Red), Server Farm, PBX System Integrator, (5) Shopsmith Mark VII's. Smithy metal 3-1, anything old and grey I will think about buying. " I learn from failure - I learn everyday, but only fail when I refuse to learn."