Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Last Knight – a Curly Blue Hollow Form

That is a great piece Excellent proportions and I really like the finial.

Alan

Steve, you did a wonderful job on this one. A beautiful hollow form that was well worth all of the work to get the proper finish.

Dale
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Steve, I think this is one of my favorites that you have done, the dark and simple elegance of the piece is very appropriate for the name. Now if you had a small intricates sword somewhere on it, maybe like excalibur sticking out the side would give it the perfect Knight feel!

Great job,

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

A very impressive piece Steve. The form and finish are beautiful. I feel your pain with dust in the finish, it can be aggravating
    I was sad because I had no shoes,
    Then I saw a man who had no feet
    ================================
    If you do today what no one else will,
    You'll do tomorrow what no one else can

Great form and finial Steve!

Did I miss the dimensions somewhere???

Cathy - you are the first to notice!! It is 6" to the top of the finial and 5" in diameter and approx 1/8" thick.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone - I wasn't sure about how well it would be received!

For those of you wondering if the wood had any character before it was dyed - it did. Actually, it was one of the nicer pieces of curly I have ever turned - but- I wanted to try a blue dye on the next form I turned and this just happened to be next in line. It would have been nice without the dye - but have to admit that the dye added a lot of dimension to the piece that would not had existed if the color had not be added.

Thanks again for all the kind words! I do appreciate it!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Steve,

This is a really nice HF. I think this is one that would be even more impressive is seen live, and this is no reflection on your photography, just don't think that any photo could live up to what it really looks like.

Steve
    When all is said and done--more is usually said than done.

Steve that is one beautiful piece. I love the form, finial and finish. Well worth the extra effort.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.