Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A herd of stoppers

Nice work Aaron...sales are always a good thing
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Wachala Jr View Post
    I've been working on doing CA on my stoppers as well. Though I can't seem to get a method down that is consistent. Some come out very well like yours, others I get lines/ridges in the CA. Drives me nuts. Can't spend loads of time on a stopper. time = money.
    Rob I use medium CA one drop at a time on the corner of a small piece of paper towel that has been folded three times. Quick two second wipe in one direction and done, don't stay on too long or try to get the entire piece done with one drop. I use a quick shot of activator after each application. I do numerous coats and then wet sand with lots of water starting with either 1200 or 1500 depending on how it looks unsanded, then on to 2000. I then buff it on the Beal buffer using tripoli and white diamond. It is a finishing method that I perfected on my duck calls and it works perfect every time with some practice. A lot of guys use micro mesh but I personally don't care to spend the time it takes to get to 12000 grit. Like you said, time is money! The entire process of finishing and buffing takes me probably 10 minutes.

Thank you all for the kind words!

Cool Aaron, Wonderful work.
    Success is the sum of Failure and Learning