Thread: Neander Mother Lode

Blog Entries

Neander Mother Lode

Did anyone happen to see American Pickers this week? They went to a place in Ilionois where they had been before and the lady took them to her late husbands tool collection room. One entire wall was covered with hand planes. They didn't stay long because nothing in that room was for sale so who knows what else he had in there. He made her promise not to sell his tools when he was gone. WHY???

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rimmer View Post
    Did anyone happen to see American Pickers this week? They went to a place in Ilionois where they had been before and the lady took them to her late husbands tool collection room. One entire wall was covered with hand planes. They didn't stay long because nothing in that room was for sale so who knows what else he had in there. He made her promise not to sell his tools when he was gone. WHY???
    He didn't trust his friends to give her a fair price? I love that show.

I saw that the other night. The room was HUGE!
    The funny part, I thought, he was not a woodworker and never used them. Just liked collecting old tools.

The pickers were in town about two weeks ago filming a show.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale