Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How hot is it where you are?

it was cloudy today, we had a break earlier this week, it started heating back up about noon, tomorrow 92 with thunderstorms which do not cool but make it like a sauna

south central virginia

94ºF temperature and about the same for heat index. Very low humidity here as normal.....25%.

Quail running through the yards but no stinking guineas or pheasants.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

It is a cool 105 down from a 106 yesterday.
    Randy
    Much Work Remains To Be Done Before We Can Announce Our Total Failure to Make Any Progress

88 here today but the humidity has been unreal especially here in western Kansas where we have 10 to 15 percent humidity not the 60 to 80 percent we have been having.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    94ºF temperature and about the same for heat index. Very low humidity here as normal.....25%.

LOL Best laugh I had all night!! Thank you
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Herrmann View Post
    102 degrees, I think the heat index was 111. So glad I have a basement shop. If I could only find the time to get down there these days...
    When I lived in St. Louis, and had just bought my house, we had something like 47 days in a row over a hundred.
    And I was clearing the jungle from the yard and trying to study for the bar. I used to say St. Louis was built over He!!. I miss it, though ....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post

Never noticed that guineas stank, or pheasants, for that matter. Of course, we have a seriously devoted bird dog.
    Anything with wings - or anything interesting at all, such as her sister (the sheltie) - gets pointed and chased. And frequently caught and eaten (yuck).

what does this have to do with turning? life is too short, and we may as well share the other parts of our lives as well .... (JMO - must be feeling philosophical this evening )

It started at about 55 this morning and got to a blistering 85 with minimal humidity. I can barely stand this heat wave.

Summer forgot to show up here on the So Cal Coast
    I'd be surprised if it even reached 70 today. More like 68. But I live pretty close to the ocean.

Driving to Vegas last week it hit 117.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please see personal profile for website info.

pulled out of parking garage for lunch and the temp meter inside my truck jumped to 104 the moment the truck pulled into the sun. Dehumidifier in the garage has pulled +12 gallons of water out of air in garage in past 2 days.

Last weekend I was foolish enough to be working in attic....this weekend I opted to scuba dive. Burned my feet on the sidewalk...just like when we were kids running between lawns trying to get to the neighborhood pool.

I am not sure

Don't know how hot it is, but I am an Alaskan in Denver CO. It feels HAWT!
    "There is nothing more dangerous than a resourcful idiot".....Dilbert

Mid 90's, humidity aroung 18%. Low 60's overnight.
    SE Wshington....................State.
    Ernie
    Ernie on-the-dry-side; WA

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Schaewe View Post
    Never noticed that guineas stank, or pheasants, for that matter. Of course, we have a seriously devoted bird dog.
    Anything with wings - or anything interesting at all, such as her sister (the sheltie) - gets pointed and chased. And frequently caught and eaten (yuck).

what does this have to do with turning? life is too short, and we may as well share the other parts of our lives as well .... (JMO - must be feeling philosophical this evening )
    Cathy,

I was slinging mud at John Hart and he did pick up on it.

We have quite a bit of bird hunting locally....5 types of grouse, pheasant, 2 types of quail and chuckar......

I haven't hunted birds in years.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

weather in Sydney Australia over the next few days....cold! but starting to warm up

59°F | °C
    Current: Partly Cloudy
    Wind: N at 10 km/h
    Humidity: 63%

Wed

64°F | 44°F
    Thu

59°F | 43°F
    Fri

62°F | 42°F
    Sat

60°F | 42°F
    neil

The wooden Potter

down here, It isnt so much the heat....although it gets pretty hot...It's the afternoon rain that turns the ground into a steam machine once the rain quits.... You just stand outside and you sweat .... High nineties with 90 % to 95% humidity after a storm.... The afternoon haze of hot moist air just ruins any outdoor activity

and dont even get me started about how hot it gets out on the railroad tracks. maybe it is psychological, but I swear it is 20 degrees hotter at work.