Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Well, I have delayed asking for prayers, but it's time...

Prayers for you and your wife Jim.!!!

Prayers for all of the wives. I just happen to hate cancer.!!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Jim,

Our prayers are with her, and also you. Hang in there.

Rick Potter

Sorry Jim that I haven't been hanging around SMC lately, so just read your post. I am truly sorry for the hand you and your wife have been dealt. My prayers go out to you both and everyone involved for a speedy and complete recovery.
    Lori K

Today's Oncologist report

Thanks again everyone! Lori, prayers work early or late...He doesn't care!!!
    Had the check up with the Oncologist today. As reported above, there were 2 lymph nodes that were checked during surgery that tested positive. They removed 17 more from the right side. Pathology shows all 17 are clear!!! WOO HOO!!!! No radiation, but will probably have to do some sort of Chemo. The breast Oncologist, that is all she does, will hand her over to another Oncologist that specializes in the further treatments and defer to her as to what course is best from here on out. The appt should be in the next 2 to 3 weeks, but treatment won't start, if needed, for another 5 or 6 weeks.
    So a big load off our shoulders, but we understand that we aren't over the crest of the hill just yet.
    Continued thanks for prayers and good thoughts. They really are appreciated! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Congrats Jim!

Both of you hang tough!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Thanks for sharing the good news Jim! Hope everything continues to progress well!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Thats great news Jim!

Jim, you, your wife, and your family will be in my prayers!!!

You will be in my prayers, Jim. LOML had BC surgery 5 years ago. Lumpectomy with a follow up surgery a few weeks later because they did not have clear margin. 6 weeks of radiation and clear for 5 years. June check-up showed a couple areas of concern. Biopsy confirmed a malignancy. Since this is a reoccurance, she will have a mastectomy on August 12. Good news is that it is in situ, or contained in the duct, is considered stage 0 and is very likely non-invasive. I know what you are going through. MAKE SURE SHE IS DILLIGENT IN HER REGULAR FOLLOW UP'S. Early detection is all so important.

ALL - Please make sure your wives have regular exams!

Thanks all. And Gene, you and your wife will be in our prayers. Glenna's was ductile also. Main spot was 1.5 cm at surgery, there was a "satellite" tumor that hadn't shown up on mammogram or breast MRI. So make sure they look at the lymph nodes when they are in there! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    Thanks again everyone! Lori, prayers work early or late...He doesn't care!!!
    Had the check up with the Oncologist today. As reported above, there were 2 lymph nodes that were checked during surgery that tested positive. They removed 17 more from the right side. Pathology shows all 17 are clear!!! WOO HOO!!!! No radiation, but will probably have to do some sort of Chemo. The breast Oncologist, that is all she does, will hand her over to another Oncologist that specializes in the further treatments and defer to her as to what course is best from here on out. The appt should be in the next 2 to 3 weeks, but treatment won't start, if needed, for another 5 or 6 weeks.
    So a big load off our shoulders, but we understand that we aren't over the crest of the hill just yet.
    Continued thanks for prayers and good thoughts. They really are appreciated! Jim.
    WOW, that is great news.....