Thread: Xenetech XL Duo Combination Laser & Diamond Drag Engraving System

Xenetech XL Duo Combination Laser & Diamond Drag Engraving System

Has anyone see this machine in use or better yet is anyone using it? Just stumbled across it last night and thought it looked interesting.

Thanks,
    Mike

Its diamond drag only - not rotary (spinning cutter)
    I suppose its a good solution depending on the machines cost, if you are in the giftware or promotional branding arena where scratch engraving can take the place of cerdec . You will need some clamp system for diamond drag engraving whereas with cerdec you dont - so there is a downside.
    Materials that laser well wont diamond drag well and vice versa so combining the 2 on one object doesnt seem all that useful.
    Would be great if it were a true rotary , i can see many applications for that - think cutting with bevels either fully or partially and you could also do 3d carving and combine with lasering if you could continously vary z axis - lots of other applications there...!
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Totally agree with the rotary vs diamond drag. I'm kinda surprised that no one has made that yet.