Thread: Need Small Dust Vacuum

Need Small Dust Vacuum

I have searched all over looking for a small dust vac that uses a squirrel cage fan and no filter between the fan and the bucket. I have seen them online but now a few years later cant find them. I use a small shop vac for my chop saws and small machines, but it works me to death having to stop every little bit to clean the filter. Seems like Delta use to have one that was about the size of a 5 gal. bucket and on wheels. Someday I'll put in a real dust collection system but not now. I have consider the cyclone system to hook to a shop vac, but it would be in the way.

Thanks
    Johnny

Blog Entries
    This is exactly the problem that a Dust Deputy solves. I used the 5 gal bucket version of a tracs can separator (about $25 at Rockler and elsewhere) for years and still would be but, got a DD for Xmas.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I've tried a Minicyclone (Clearvue version of the DD), and a trash can separator. The TCS is a waste of $20 IMHO. Get a DD and don't look back. There are many plans about putting it on a mobile base and making it a little less unwieldy.

I really love mine.

Thanks guys...I ordered one.

You really need a filter you want to catch that 1m to 3m dust. That is the dangres part for you. I haven't used one but herd good things about the dust depuity it may not get really smell stuff but with a good filter may work well.

That being said I have had fien vacs and now the festool vacs and they have filters but have never had the issue you talk of the filters don't get clogged in fact the festool vac had a lever to clean the filter you just pull the lever and it knocks the dust off the filter, totally useless never needed it even with sheetrock dust. But both thoes vacs use bags makes cleaning so much easer. My old sears vac I had the problem that you talk of. It is all in the design of the vacuum.
    -=Jason=-

Quote Originally Posted by jason lambert View Post
    You really need a filter you want to catch that 1m to 3m dust. .
    Hi Jason, I think you meant 1 to 3 micron sized dust.

I'm pretty sure that you could catch 1 to 3 metre dust with a chain link fence........regards, Rod

Wink

LOL Rod, hadn't considered chain link fence as a filter media...at least until now; can already envision a much cleaner shop.