Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: aspire gathering in columbia sc

Hi Jim,

Is there still place for 2 people to attend the aspire gathering next month.

Mick

yyes send an email to

aspiregroup@mcgrewwoodwork.com

Has anyone reserved a room yet? I thought possibly those of us arriving on Thursday might be able to have a little meet and greet that evening. It might be easier if several of us, or all, are staying at the same place.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

i won a job at a large university foot balll stadium so i been a bit busy, later today i will post the agenda and speakers hotels et. last year we had a pizza dinner here in the shop on thursday!!

jim

No rush, Jim. We have time to spare. Didn't mean to horn in on your plans. Carry on! Congrats on the job!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    Bella Terra

all good !!

jim

I'm staying at Studio Plus-West, south of Jim's and across the river. It doesn't sound awful (tell me if it is!) and I don't need anything special for two nt's on my own.

I'll be in the neighborhood Thursday eve and could be down for greetin'.

-kg

we have had a great response and a good crowd is expected, i will be in the shop setting up on thursday feel free to check in we had an excellent get together here last year, there is also the vista restraunt district and all is relativly nearby were are a downtown business, nice would be the hilton, hampton inn, marriot or sheraton downtown. kevins choice is a nice new place as well, basically any hotel near the i26 and i20 interstate exchange is near. we have lots of parking and snacks and beverages will be provided. with the BBQ lunch on sat.

we will keep the facility open for chit chat as long as we all are in and awake

jim

Any Vcarve pro deals that week for SMC members that cannot make the trip?
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Only a couple of weeks to go

The time is getting short and I am looking forward to seeing everyone at Columbia. I can taste the BBQ already. I am really looking forward to the Aspire seminars. I haven't had much time to use mine lately and need some refresher.

Should be a good time for all.

Russ

mike one would have to contact vectric as we are just a group off end users !!

russ looking forward to seeing you as well, of special importance to you will be the presentation by Randall newcomb who wrote the tutorial on the rotary!! vectric material will be covered by using the training dvd from the vectric user group meetings. (this is available online from vectric and will not be sold at the gathering). we will use the panel disscussion method for training on saturday. friday will be all business, use of materials, bits, and a presentation by ryan patterson on nesting and cabinetry.

as always show and tell !! i got a project of special importance in yesterday we might be able to case study!!

jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jim, looks like you will have your work cut out for you . Those are some very ornate pews. Looks like they have been around for a long time.

I am lookinmg forward to the rotary discussions as well as the others. I have the dvd from the aspire meetings so I will be watching those in preparation.

Russ

these are circa 1840-60 and i will know more today when the historians visit, ya'll sharpen up your aspire skills we got a strong turnout for this

jim

If I don't have any Aspire skills because I don't have Aspire yet, can I still come to the gathering?

Bella Terra

ohh yea!!!!!

ohh yea!!!!!!