Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IWF 2010 Atanta

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Christopher View Post
    we need some name tags with SMC on them so we can spot all the creekers
    Perhaps Keith can make T-shirts available to contributors for say a price like 30 bucks. This could cover 1 year membership with a few extra dollars for profit after shirts are paid for. Keith you can put me down for X-large if you do this.

The T-shirts can read "Sawmill Creek Floods Atlanta 2010" The shirt can then be worn at IWF so we stick out like sore thumbs!

How about it Keith!
    Thinking outside the box is one thing, being able to accomplish what you think of, is another.

Software Rhino 3.0 & 4.0, Corel 12, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, Parts Wizard, Visual Mill 5.0 & 6.0, Rhino CAM/Art, Claytools, Microsoft Word, Notepad.
    Access to Hardware CAMaster 510 ATC w/4th Axis 8' Lathe, Kitako 10 Spindle CNC 4th Axis Carving Machine, Polhemus FastScan and LDI Surveyor 3500 Laser Scanners, Sensable Haptics.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mathews View Post
    The T-shirts can read "Sawmill Creek Floods Atlanta 2010" The shirt can then be worn at IWF so we stick out like sore thumbs!
    Somehow I think we are already going to stick out like sore thumbs!

I'm in for the T-shirt idea.

Who's in charge of organizing the Creeker Night On The Town? (can we please just say no to Karaoke?)

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

actually there is a creeker get together in the works!!!

jim mcgrew

Quote Originally Posted by james mcgrew View Post
    actually there is a creeker get together in the works!!!

jim mcgrew
    One would think there might be some company at the show that would like to throw a good old fashioned southern BBQ for the Creekers. Nothing motivates me to spend money quite like a plate of tasty ribs!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    Bella Terra

there is!! anybody remember the BBQ we had in columbia in october

well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we are doing it again!!

and yes we do have a sponsor!!

we should call it " Gathering at the Creek"

What Jim is trying hard not to say is that we are teaming up with the folks at CAMaster for the event and Joey is planning a gathering for everyone. No doubt Jim is deep into the planning stages as well helping Joey get things organized. Maybe Joey is helping Jim?

Either way there is a lot of planning going on, we are in the preliminary stages and creative ideas are flowing

T-Shirts are definitely going to be available for this event

alrighty then!!

a gathering is in our future!!

jim

Quote Originally Posted by james mcgrew View Post
    there is!! anybody remember the BBQ we had in columbia in october

well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we are doing it again!!

and yes we do have a sponsor!!

we should call it " Gathering at the Creek"
    Wait just a doggoned minute here! There was a BBQ? In Columbia? In October? How did I miss this? Columbia, SC - right? Just a hop, skip, and a jump away from Savannah. I believe I may just have to have a serious pout over this!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    What Jim is trying hard not to say is that we are teaming up with the folks at CAMaster for the event and Joey is planning a gathering for everyone. No doubt Jim is deep into the planning stages as well helping Joey get things organized. Maybe Joey is helping Jim?

Either way there is a lot of planning going on, we are in the preliminary stages and creative ideas are flowing

T-Shirts are definitely going to be available for this event
    Thanks Keith, I know you are busy enough already without having to herd us Creekers at the IWF. Thanks also to Joey, Jim, and everyone else involved in putting togeter an event to remember. If there is any way I can help out, please let me know. If not, well I'll just show up with my tie dyed t-shirt on . . . it hides the sauce stains don't you know.
    Last edited by Belinda Barfield; 01-19-2010 at 4:53 PM.

Bella Terra

i will let kieth tell you about the bbq!!

it was sooo good some one stole the leftovers!!

I guess the cat is out of the bag. I go out of town and someone spills the beans.
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

Talking with IWF and we will be able to get our booth in 2 weeks.
    IWF 2010 The year of the Small to Mid Size Routers.
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

I will create a new thread in the GWW Forum in a couple more days so we can discuss the IWF with everyone and get some feedback. Jackie and I are making a few decisions concerning our participation and Aaron has agreed to take care of The Creek while we are on travel.

I am considering a T-Shirt design contest that we would get started right away with a prize for the designer who is selected by our Staff. We have plenty of time to get this done and get the shirts and possibly hats ordered in advance of the show.

I will be contacting vendors to see if they will sponsor prizes that we can provide for those who register at our booth and we will have a few DVD's of our picture library to give away as well. We will once again offer the picture library free to any SawMill Creek Member who brings at least an eight gig thumb-drive to IWF on a time available basis. No doubt our Members will have other ideas that will make our presence at the show more interesting, we shall see

Concerning our booth we are waiting with Joey and the CAMaster folks for a location. We hope to be able to obtain space next to CAMaster so we can coordinate some special events with them and be able to watch the yellow routers run
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 01-25-2010 at 7:39 AM.

Blog Entries
    I will create a new thread in the GWW Forum in a couple more days so we can discuss the IWF with everyone and get some feedback. Jackie and I are making a few decisions concerning our participation and Aaron has agreed to take care of The Creek while we are on travel.

I am considering a T-Shirt design contest that we would get started right away with a prize for the designer who is selected by our Staff. We have plenty of time to get this done and get the shirts and possibly hats ordered in advance of the show.

I will be contacting vendors to see if they will sponsor prizes that we can provide for those who register at our booth and we will have a few DVD's of our picture library to give away as well. We will once again offer the picture library free to any SawMill Creek Member who brings at least an eight gig thumb-drive to IWF on a time available basis. No doubt our Members will have other ideas that will make our presence at the show more interesting, we shall see

Concerning our booth we are waiting with Joey and the CAMaster folks for a location. We hope to be able to obtain space next to CAMaster so we can coordinate some special events with them and be able to watch the yellow routers run
    Keith,

Why not just move this thread over to GWW? Be a lot easier then starting a new one.

Also, my T-shirt design of "Sawmill Creeks Floods Atlanta 2010" is my first and only submission!

Guy
    Thinking outside the box is one thing, being able to accomplish what you think of, is another.

Software Rhino 3.0 & 4.0, Corel 12, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, Parts Wizard, Visual Mill 5.0 & 6.0, Rhino CAM/Art, Claytools, Microsoft Word, Notepad.
    Access to Hardware CAMaster 510 ATC w/4th Axis 8' Lathe, Kitako 10 Spindle CNC 4th Axis Carving Machine, Polhemus FastScan and LDI Surveyor 3500 Laser Scanners, Sensable Haptics.

Guy,

I think we should start a new thread, I'm not sure that I want to promote the dunk tank idea

Blog Entries
    Guy,

I think we should start a new thread, I'm not sure that I want to promote the dunk tank idea
    Good point!