Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pen turners,,, turn yer eyes

Pen turners,,, turn yer eyes

I cant believe it, its June and I have a fire goin in the wood stove..For California thats odd. its 56 degrees outside and the ol wood stove is keeping us warm

Walnut scraps burn good!
    Last edited by Mark Norman; 06-06-2009 at 10:31 PM.

I just cut up a few pieces of oak for the fire and I had to put some aside for wood turning..

56 degrees cold. That is short, sandels and t-shirt weather.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Weishapl View Post
    56 degrees cold. That is short, sandels and t-shirt weather.
    I agreed

I had to put on a flanel today.. and we got rain...In June!

Verry unusual for these parts... Global warming? I donthinkso..

I'd kill for 56 degree weather right now.

I'm with Bernie. I was south of Phoenix 2 days ago,and it was 113 degrees. Too hot for me. I'll take the cool any time. 56 degrees is just getting comfy.
    Brian

Sawdust Formation Engineer
    in charge of Blade Dulling

im right up the road from mark[el dorado county]. i have been here since 1970. we dont often get weather like this in june. nice working weather. had a hell of a lightning show a few nights ago. the weather service said over 3000 strikes in a 24 hour period. us country boys in calif. love our weather. we have a saying around here, above the fog and below the snow. i see snow maybe a couple times a year[ an inch or 2] but its gone by the time i finish my morning ****.

Yep Jim, above the fog and below the snow, I'm at 3000 ft and its for a reason. I am tired of the cold wet stuff and am looking forward to summer. we get above 100 for a few weeks each year and I am not looking foreward to that but typical June weather would be welcome.

I'm with Jim and Mark on this one and I'm in San Diego so we consider cold even a little warmer but that but still cold for our taste. and yes we do love our weather out here. oh and Mark, those woodburning stoves are nice, my mom and I got one also
    well depending on the way I would travel, I'm roughly 2,340 miles to 2,529 miles away from the infamous STEVE SCHLUMPF!!!!

...and I forgot to also mention about yes, the weather is CRAZY out here. We had lightning and T-storms down here too. and even hail it's pretty crazy
    well depending on the way I would travel, I'm roughly 2,340 miles to 2,529 miles away from the infamous STEVE SCHLUMPF!!!!

So Cal FTW, 56 is too cold, about the temperature I start breaking out my flannel also. Back in high school people called me lumberjack because I always wore flannel and had sad dust from working in the wood shop. Good time.

Verry strange weather indeed

Its back to somewhat normal today, the mercury tells me its 65 outside, I guess I should put me boots on and get out and do something....ahhh lazy Sunday morning

I absolutely love the wood stove! I can sit and watch the fire for hours and it has saved us tons of money in heating bills over the years. I won it on e-bay several years ago for $82.50 and drove up to Petaluma to get it. Made for a nice day trip. I made a hearth out of (yep you guessed it) Concrete and my wife and I covered the wall behind it with slate and it looks mavelous

edit: I guess this should have been posted in off-topic forum. Mr moderator, please feel free to move it

I'm 30 minutes away Mark, toss a couple chunks in the back while I wave.
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Burr View Post
    I'm 30 minutes away Mark, toss a couple chunks in the back while I wave.
    Did ya want the ones that are on fire or are ya gonna stop and have a cold one with me while we load up yer pickup?