Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gloat Time! Finally!

Gloat Time! Finally!

Found this 2-stage Quincy on CL (Springfield MO) about 20 minutes after the guy posted it last Thursday! The ad read:

"NEAR NEW QUINCY 5HP 60 GALLON. PURCHASED NEW 2 YEARS AGO. USED ONLY ABOUT 30 HOURS. HOLDS 175 POUNDS PRESSURE. ITS BEEN IN STORAGE FOR 1 1/2 YEARS. DIVORCE FORCES SALE. A STEAL @ $400. PHONE CALLS ONLY NO EMAILS.

Well.... I stole it! WooHoo!! 300 mi. roundtrip with a good friend (and his 2-axle trailer) to help! I been needin' a serious shop compressor for some serious sandblasting, etc.!! The LAST compressor this old man will ever need! ...GLOAT!!...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

Great score on a beaut of a compressor. Just wondering, who makes the motor? That should be hard to wear out and is probably quiet too.

Thanks Bob! Itsa BALDOR! WooHoo!!
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

Unbelievable deal - YOU SUCK!

Seriously, those are great compressors. There was an 80 gal. 7.5 HP one on our CL for $2K (high, IMO). I think you got yours for one third of list.
    The problem with education in the School of Hard Knocks is that by the time you're educated, you're too old to do anything.

A Baldor motor to boot! I have a 175 PSI two stage Shulz that I like, but that Quincy would look very nice in my shop. I'd change the lighting and color scheme to accomodate it. Do you have a Blast cabinet in mind?

Chip,

That's definitely a gloat. Congrats!

Quincy

Congrats, nice unit

Blog Entries
    Beautiful machine and a sweet deal. Congrats!
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

congrats, that is a nice compressor..I know you will love it and wonder how you ever lived without it
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired

Quincy

I am really envious. I have been looking for weeks on all sites and have seen plenty of junk and unrealistic prices. Great score! A Qunicy for 4 bills is a very nice price. Well done. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Lindley View Post
    Well.... I stole it! WooHoo!! 300 mi. roundtrip with a good friend (and his 2-axle trailer) to help! I been needin' a serious shop compressor for some serious sandblasting, etc.!! The LAST compressor this old man will ever need! ...GLOAT!!...
    Yep! Dat thar is definitely a serious shop compressor and a serious gloat....you lucky dog!

Helps to catch those craigslist ads early!........Also helps to have a good friend with a 2-axle trailer!

....Time to break out da Dynabrades......

ENJOY......Did I mention that you're a Lucky dog?
    Women are like phones. They love to be held and talked to, but if you press the wrong buttons you'll get disconnected!

Life is one fool thing after another whereas love is two fool things after each other

Great find on what sounds like a great deal, Chip!
    Glad you got to it first.
    I "derated" my two stage down to 150 PSI shut-off so I could use the run of the mill regulators and filter bowls of the Borgs.
    I used to shut off my units power, but now I close a 3/4" ball valve at the tank when not in use.
    (Auto blow down at start up. Unloader switch.)
    Have fun with your new air supply!

Congratulations on the big score Chip.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Yeah. I'd say that was worth the trip. I love bargains! Enjoy it!
    Duane McGuire

Chip
    I look at Craigslist several times a day waiting for a compressor similar to the one you found. Great deal.
    David B