Thread: confetti lamp supplier?

Question confetti lamp supplier?

I am wondering if any of you folks have used this supplier ( http://www.candles4less.com/candles/...l-Cell-90-case ) for confetti lamp "fuel cells". I am leaning toward the fuel cells as opposed to the refillable candles just for the convenience aspect (no oil, funnels, etc). I looked back through the threads and I have not seen any preferences either way...

I have quite a few chunks of mesquite that sat in a friend's back yard for a few years and have cracked to the point that I can not salvage anything bigger than maybe 4 inches in diameter and 3 inches high with careful cutting on the bandsaw. I figure that would be an ideal size rough size for making confetti lamps. I figure in this economy, they would be inexpensive enough to sell readily. A case of 90 fuel cells delivered to the house would be around $62 ( about $ .70 each ). I figure on selling the lamps with a "candle" installed and 4 refills included for about $18-20...

I guess I am looking to you folks to see if this is worth bothering with as a way to make a little extra money. (I have been sidelined with medical issues and won't be able to go back to work for another few weeks, so every little bit helps...)

Thanks in advance,

Troy
    Last edited by Troy Donson; 01-19-2009 at 12:55 PM.

Troy - I haven't tried the selling part of turning but this sure seems like a good idea! I remember buying the fuel cells at WalMart a couple of years ago and if I remember correctly they were running close to $2 each. Have to think that getting the candle holder and a couple of refills at the same time would be a big seller!

Wish you luck with your sales! Hope the medical issues are under control!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Steve, after seeing some of your work, I wonder why you would not be making, at least, commisioned pieces...the work I have seen you do, well, they are very, very nice pieces!!

I am told by SWMBO that I tend to drool whenever I see things like "Buy this WhoZee Whatsit and we'll GIVE you 4 FREE DooDads!!!" My idea is to give extra value to whoever is purchasing what I have to offer. Plus I can always keep extra refills on hand for the opportunity of making further sales down the road. The whole "What else do you have?" type thing always works on me, so I figure, why not?

The health issue is doing as well as can be expected... Umbilical hernias are just really no fun at all...especially when you put off getting it fixed for too long!!! Being an old broken-down mechanic, these things are starting to come home to roost. I used to be able to lift a cast iron intake manifold off a Cadillac just bending over the fender and grabbin' hold... Now my body just squeals if I even think about it...

Troy - I appreciate your kind words about my work! I have managed to sell a few items but nothing on a commercial level. Part of the whole sales thing is just making the effort and getting the stuff out there! Hope to change that this year!

I do think the confetti lamps would be a big seller - especially out of mesquite! Would have to think at that price even just 1 extra lamp would be enough of an incentive. I do wish you luck with it! Keep us up to date with your sales progress!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!