Thread: F150 Bed Rot

F150 Bed Rot

My 2007 Ford truck has holes in the bed. I looked for shaped metal that I could have welded in but found only metal for F350 for some reason. Really don't want a bed liner but would like to get it fixed. Any Ideas?

Blog Entries
    I would go to a local dealer and see if they can help.

Perhaps the salvage industry can help with that, either with a full bed from a wreck to replace or the same to cut out the components required for a direct fix.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I thought the f350 was a f150 with heavier springs and brakes. Now they call a 250 and 350 heavy and super duty no more 250 or 350 label.
    Bill D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    I thought the f350 was a f150 with heavier springs and brakes. Now they call a 250 and 350 heavy and super duty no more 250 or 350 label.
    Bill D
    F150 has been distinct in body, chassis and drive train, from the F250/350 for many years, maybe decades.

Blog Entries
    Bucks County Pa and Galveston County Texas . We are many miles apart. I was up your way a long time ago. I think maybe we need to take another trip.

There was a place in Grafton or Wellington that had beds that were change out to service truck beds. You may find something like that

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    There was a place in Grafton or Wellington that had beds that were change out to service truck beds. You may find something like that
    Trouble is, it's uncommon to put a service body or flat deck on an F150. They're more likely to go on a 350.

Thanks everyone I've looked on car-part.com, which is the national junkyard index - only 3 F150 beds listed nationwide and none 8ft like mine. I guess they all rust out. Most parts have hundreds of listings.

A sheet of plywood works but not very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    Bill D
    No, there's much more differentiation than that between the 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton and 1 ton trucks. "Everything" gets a lot heavier duty as you move up that spectrum.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Having been in/around the salvage business, I'd recommend actually visiting a salvage yard in person. They may well have a bed that is not listed due to damage that makes it unsellable but has enough intact floor that could be cut out for a repair. A u-pull-it yard would be best, as they are always cheaper, they allow you to actually go into the yard to look,

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Combs View Post
    Having been in/around the salvage business, I'd recommend actually visiting a salvage yard in person. They may well have a bed that is not listed due to damage that makes it unsellable but has enough intact floor that could be cut out for a repair. A u-pull-it yard would be best, as they are always cheaper, they allow you to actually go into the yard to look,
    I agree with this as it'd probably be cheaper, but I also found a bunch of full beds on parts market assuming it's a

2007 Ford F-150 with Styleside / 8' box / w/o wheel lip moulding
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

Wood?

woodbed.jpg
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Thanks Kev, I considered this, the problem is I have a loading dock at my shop and often load work on a dolly. How do you deal with the back edge of the wood when rolling stuff in?